gtag.js

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turmeric Birthday Cake




Aspen Womb
Joy grows inside me.

20 years of Mom choices.

The back of the earrings lost.

The clapper located your keys.

Now I map my way.

Write your own plan well.

Unlimited by constraints of time,

the sieve between life and death.

The moment when golden light hits

Tuscan monstrosity across the canyon.

Don’t look that way-

Reach past the aspen grove dancing.

Fly upon that last single leaf towards ocean,

where slivers of seaweed touch shoulders as

swimming towards turmeric islands.


 I’ll pull if you need help.

On this birthday fly and touch the sun.

Copyright
©
 Caroline Gerardo all rights reserved for photographs, video, flash poetry and sound
For my daughter Blair's birthday 11/26/2011
©http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064FOCZOCopyright All rights reserved Caroline Gerardo 11/26/2011

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Mary Oliver performing with you tomorrow? I hear also some big indie musicians but it's sold out? Why so quiet? Will unseated tickets be filled?

Oh! Paper Pages said...

How lovely! I am a new follower. Looking forward to your posts and poetry.

http://ohpaperpages.blogspot.com/

Brandon Duncan said...

Nice to see you, Caroline! I tell ya. You really have found my Kryptonite here. I don't know the first thing about poetry.

You are going to have to teach me something. Otherwise... I got nothin' lol!

I am glad you are spending some time with us!

Lydia said...

I really loved the music of this piece. What a beautiful birthday tribute to your daughter!