Your New Year’s Resolution is to finish that novel and lose ten pounds? Want to write 4000 great words a day? You know those ads that say they will tell you the secret to a flat tummy? It is the same with brain foods.
These ten foods will increase your brain power and sustain you across those late night cravings.
The base foods in your diet should be raw fruit and vegetables. Add these foods in variety and have your brain never suffer from writer’s block again.
1. Nonfat Greek yogurt 14 grams of protein, calcium rich and easy to digest
2. Tuna with more than 3 g of leucine, a can of tuna contains a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids
3. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids in salmon to lower your cholesterol and increase brain function.
4. Quinoa is an ancient grain with 8 g of protein per cup, including a complete set of branched chain amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. A cup contains 39 g of complex carbohydrates that will keep you from craving junk.
5. Coffee is one of my favorite foods. (FOODS? You say?) Humans can work-out harder/ longer if they have caffeine before exercise. Writing can be tough work. Combine caffeine, carbohydrate and a brisk walk with your notepad and you will be generating your brain into creative drive.
6. Eggs/ (egg whites mostly) This lean snack at 50 calories has intense 6 g of protein and 330 mg of leucine per egg. Yokes are O. K. once in a while with the nutrient choline, which supports acetycholine, the most abundant neurotransmitter in your body
7. Blueberries are antioxidant, reduce belly fat and anthocyanin, the selenium, the vitamins A, B-complex, C and E, the zinc, sodium, potassium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese prevent and heal neurotic disorders by preventing degeneration and death of neurons ( brain-cells). They also rebuild the central nervous system
8. Flax seed (not my favorite) big nutrient punch, but eat sparingly
9. Avocados, known as pear butter, but the fats in this delicious guacamole reduce bad cholesterol and increase blood flow to the brain.
10. Old fashioned oatmeal and whole grain bread are excellent brain foods improving circulation.
Need easy recipes to fit these into your writing schedule? Coming soon just for fun!