gtag.js

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Collector of Rain

yellow coastal wildflowers caroline gerardo and wire
Collector of rain,
tea cups, heirloom seeds and roses.
Fill orange Home Depot buckets.
Job is a raucous fight where I smile.
Home is for sale
where does wind lead?
Son leaves for college in days.
Birthday is on September 11th?
Sit while I brew lavender tea.
Hummingbirds sip with us, 
 Siberian Wallflower blooms.
Monarchs chrysalis in the canyon.
Who will care for my bees?

Caroline Gerardo copyright 9/14/2015


It's raining tonight. After two years of drought the sound of rain in my bucket retention system is a dance. Wish I had another week for editing, but my  schedule is demanding.  I hope you are well. The photograph is the beginnings of new butterflies in the canyon below my house. I planted milkweed and salvia for the monarchs and there are thousands of them collecting food and doing what makes them happy. Poem above untitled for the moment, perhaps "Welcome Change" 

    

Follow Caroline's board ECO Novel in Progress on Pinterest.

No comments: