gtag.js

Monday, March 28, 2016

Peony


peony flower
Peonies Poem

Sweet peas open over hillsides of the dump.
A closed landfill, named for a historic battle 
where Natives buried unaccounted.
Methane feeds flowers, glory sunset, 
launching torches of perfume.
Peonies are my 'besties;  
I've rose patents
certificate Master Gardener, 
but children won't listen
when I strum Richie Blackmore.
Peonies don't care for heavy metal.

Farmer's Almanac spouts herbaceous  
require certain cool nature.
My parents were screamers.
Never hit mine. 
My knee required stitches, 
after two weeks 
dentist said, 
"OOH, too late for pediatrician,
sewing was needed."
Wounds heal with care - not time.  
Treasures prefer relaxing Epsom baths.
Ghosts jump from 
blue plastic tarps brittle, pillows
and bobs needing recycling.
I worked, planned, cried, 
worked planned
did I do enough 
by myself?
Peonies 
Please
tell 
them
your
secrets.

Caroline Gerardo copyright 3/28/2016 Peony Poem

peony




No comments: