gtag.js

Monday, June 9, 2014

Candles


I am working on revisions with the novel printed on paper.
Moving slowly with my mortgage work, daughter had
car accident yesterday, son has wisdom teeth out tomorrow,
and all the surprises life brings.
Eating mostly organic vegetables from my garden.
Feeling mooopy - yes spelled correctly and pronounced
with that moody soupy sound.
Hoping my writing is clear, hoping it's not blindly
written by candelight.
This work in progress is structured differently.
Perhaps the darkness in the Great Drought (the setting
of the novel) is getting in through cracks in the rafters.
 
Lighting a candle to find my way.
Anyone volunteer to be a beta reader?
Any answer would cheer my soul...
Do you doubt yourself in process?

1 comment:

Rob Dunlavey said...

You know, years ago you taught me about "process" in painting (I had always worked with tight sketches). The process is all about doubt and I think that without doubt, there might be no process. Remember all that? --I have safely kept a drawing of yours from that time of butterflies hatching. Be good CG. I'm very sorry to hear of Life's travails. Bon courage!