gtag.js

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

La Maison de Vaiselle Cassé




Deer Together 

La Maison de vaiselle cassé
The house of broken dishes


Two deer tonight bow on the road to home eyes a dazzle
grazing on seeds  stirred fodder from the plow mosaic
aggregate stone covers miles of dirt winding my oasis.
It is not from a quarry; it's ground up houses and concrete.
Does don't worry over mud, calcium chloride, or regrading.
Get out of the car, and take a picture or video, the deer run,
leave me in high heels, I did not change to boots in the fun.
Which is the go left button for video, slow-mo, live or still?
The buck looks over his shoulder, "left of the photo button,"
he doesn't say dumb ass, and thank him with a smile sweet.
Go root for apple chips in the Subaru, where are the treats?
I find dog biscuits, then climb out in the golden hour light
sparkles on the ground, shards of a medicine cabinet mirrior,
blue and white crockery, a curved Etruscan vase, well sorter,
bits of avocado porcelain tile and salmon slick with mortar
pieces of passé like stars on the ground jumble speaking a
memory message surely the deer saw the glitter and yearned
to lick a totem and know coffee brewing on the spitfire grille
all I have for you is a clip of video to prove I find magic still,
believe me or not; come see my love, it's been a long silence
two deer tonight bow on the road praying for peace and joy.


Caroline Gerardo copyright © May 22. 2018


No comments: