gtag.js

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Mooring Poem

Without  Moor


















Un - Mooring Poem

You search for the word, and spin, apologizing for failing to read enough.
You chose untethered, as if being an adult orphan cuts all leash to the past.
We don’t use chains on pets anymore, choking spikes are considered cruel.
My daughter’s ex-boyfriend gave a pomegranate tree bound in plastic bags.
My reaction: soak in deep water then plant it quickly in compost and sand.
You fail to fess up to cheating all your adult life, a fear that holds you back.
You treat this life as unbound where a ship crashes up and low with waves.
My father died a year before my age, in a short month, cancer cells lease fast.
My dock, my jewel children I pray find love, work, joy, art, and health to last.

Caroline Gerardo Copyright  © 5/24/2019 

Images from my hike at Willson Dam





















No comments: