gtag.js

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Gorilla ?

gorillainthecorner
"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness."


— Hunter S. Thompson (The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman 1955-67)

Valentine’s Day is screaming at me. Donny Hall I wonder what you look like twenty some years later after undergraduate college? The local florist The Flower Girl has a tent set up in the parking lot to be ready for the big Monday. I feel like they are peddling drugs this year. I am not bitter, just missing… I send Valentines cards and packages. It’s the gorilla in the corner singing a Sade song.
I wish it was Tuesday. I hiked four hours yesterday in the canyon. Wildflowers are starting. I will upload my happy picks after I get another 3000 words down on the book. Wishing all a happy your own day.

amazon linkP.S. Toxic Assets shows on Amazon as paperback and some ebookstores, more to follow after Valentines Day…

No comments: