gtag.js

Thursday, February 23, 2012

RETAINER SWAP


2009 136
Swap Meet Photograph Caroline Gerardo copyright © 2012

Retainer Required

What amount will secure a soul?
Forgiveness slips on the laminate.

You return to life a Victorian buggy,
clattering, passionate and nostrils wide.

"Love does not end even in death,
only becomes-"

"Becomes what?" You ask.

I am silent, throat frozen.
I know my own truth,
 but need to do
more backbends.

I read this poster where
three Marines died after leaving
a Golden Lantern neighborhood bar.
Jeremiah Callahan was twenty-three.
Christopher Arzola was twenty-one.
Jason Chleborad was twenty-two.

Please send their families the money.
Certitude hearts who loved, but
never had opportunity to marry.

Heroes sing from the diaphram.
The vibration trembles my lips.

Switch places, go back in time

Swap for a different future.


Shrine to the Fallen Three on Golden Lantern Now Removed Photograph Caroline Gerardo © copyright reserved



3 comments:

Charles B said...

Four Marines in a car accident walking distance your home last week, three brave boys died.

Is there any guarantee in life or love?

I like the swap places image

Brian Miller said...

i know my own truth but need to do more backbend...smiles...great line that...sad to see them pass so young, full of energy and opportunity.....

Anonymous said...

Hail what amount will secure a "legal retainer" I love the swap meet sign below the rainbow, as if we could will the good to die old with great grandchildren and the evil to go where they should.