gtag.js

Monday, June 25, 2012

New clients



The message sounded positive the first time I read it on a subject of an unknown person's mail. How many of these emails are you receiving? My email flow daily is about 200- 300 in one of my accounts and this particular pitch has increased to about 30+ per day. If there a way to block incoming messages by the subject?

Am I just being over sensitive in the digital world? My days seem to race past in a blur. I manage and treasure my time for writing, job and family.

3 comments:

Maya Panika said...

I hear you loud and clear!
My agent said, go out and blog, join message boards and discussion boards so that the peoples of the world might know you have a book out. So I did, and now I get around 70 emails a day, many of them digests, which I have to follow up. And when, I ask, am I supposed to write the sequel I have such a short time to complete? And don't I get to have a life anymore?

Caroline Gerardo said...

@MayaPanika To avoid being overwhelmed I have a couple different email addresses- one for writing, one for family, bills and practical, one I use that gets publically posted (I rarely open this one it gets about 400 incoming) I try to prioritize:
my children are first, then writing 7 days a week (creating), then marketing, then exercise, crafts,cleaning, cooking, duties-
My question to all those people sending this email WHY are you continuing to blast people?

Rapid-fire said...

This seems to come from one of those places like "Referral Key" which is supposed to be a network for professionals looking to accept and exchange leads with other members. So far for me, it appears to just be a waste of time...I get a lot of foreign contacts but mostly in the IT arena...nothing related to what I do at all.