gtag.js

Monday, July 2, 2018

Harvard Cambridge

Harvard Lampoon Building 44 Bow
Recent trip to Cambridge, as my sister teaches at Harvard Business School and she needed assistance after knee surgery. Summer in Massachusetts has a light feeling. There are tourists on campus and the restaurants with al fresco seating bustle from lunch until dark sundown at nine.
A stroll through the bookstore and the Grolier Poetry Bookshop are the
highlights of my trip.

Walk over the bridge to my sister's offices at H B S, I found myself
as usual turned around and couldn't spot the gold bell tower of
Baker Library among massive construction projects. The surrounding
streets of the other side of the Charles River clatter with
trenching, demolition and new construction. I hope the university
buys up some of the old garages, tire stores and commercial lots for
long term hundred year plans before they are all converted to lofts and
boutique hotels.
I share a couple lovely sites:
Giant allium four feet high swaying like space pom poms.
Jenny Holzer's Marble Bench warning business students to be kind
and the geese remain on campus from the winter.

Harvard Bookstore
English Building Harvard Campus 12 Quincy

No comments: