gtag.js

Friday, August 3, 2018

Lavender Scrub Recipe




The skin on my hands is cracked.
Summer gardening and caring for animals on the ranch dug furrows in the skin.

I keep a stainless dog bowl up on a birdbath to rinse my hands by the greenhouse door.
The sun heats the water and the blue jays steal a drink, though they have a birdbath of their own.












I keep a jar of lavender scrub that is in a recycle honey jar. I don't wash out the honey or crystals and find the honey bits are antibacterial
Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup coarse sugar
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
4 drops of lavender oil
2 tablespoons of lavender flowers
approximate teaspoon of honey

although I have many pairs of gloves I never seem to get them on my hands before I begin. There is always just one little dead-head I want to clip.

When my hands are dirty, I scoop a bit of the scrub under my nails and rinse with water.  This procedure repeats several times a day.






No comments: