gtag.js

Friday, January 27, 2012

Unwanted Gift



I sent you this photograph, a painting and a poem for your birthday.
With no response I offer it to other hearts to find encouragement.



A present for you, though


you are gone from my life:

Window towards the future.

A birthday offers promise

beyond the trees.

Leaves clink in the wind,

mist is upon your jacket,

smell rainfall of the past.

Sing health, happiness and prosperity.

Believe in your plan and take each day

a joyful syrup of achievement.


Poem/ flash fiction in response to Story Dam
http://storydam.com/2012/01/22/the-gift-return/

4 comments:

Brandon Duncan said...

Gah! I wish I understood poetry more. Why am I so bad at understanding these? Too right brained, maybe? lol!

Thank you for linking up, Caroline!

Caroline Gerardo said...

It is an actual photograph that I mailed to someone from my past for his birthday this month. I have forgiven him for harm he caused my family. I am talking about moving on happy.
Aspen trees in the photograph are all one organism- hundreds of trees connected by a ribisome like long tuber under the ground rather tnaindividual roots. They are deciduous, and lose their leaves and shed the past but are still connected as long as they live

Brandon Duncan said...

Ok, makes sense. Interesting. I like how you use poetry in response to the prompts, though. It's definitely out of the box (for me, anyway). Good stuff. :)

Moxie Reviews™ said...

Beautiful. You're a strong person to forgive someone who caused your family harm!! x