gtag.js

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Covers

My recent favorite book cover art.
The first few are in blues.
I would love to paint an image that
works in blue tones for my next cover.
Intuitively I feel it is going to be sepia or black.
The landscape is black dust storms. I have numerous photographs I took
of tornadoes, dust devils, abandoned barns on my last trip to Wyoming
but I can't settle my heart on the right one.
Perhaps you will give me some input?

Rare you see the full face of a woman as a cover. Usually it is a shot from behind. Or the face disguised. I love this image in sepia.
I amwriting

http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Assets-Bank-Caroline-Gerardo-ebook/dp/B004RCLZXI/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=1-1&qid=1405021460




6 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

interesting collection

Caroline Gerardo said...

Thank you R. Mac Wheeler That means alot from an author who has great book covers and creates for others. I'm thinking I will have to paint mine. Not there yet

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Enjoyed getting your comment over on my blog...but you are a no-reply, and I couldn't find an email address for you....

I love the cover process, maybe more than the writing. Not that I'm good at it. I just enjoy it.

If you have basic skills in any of the photoshot-like products, you can make just about any photo you like relevant to your story pop with eye-catching color.

If you want to exchange ideas, you can reach me at rmacwheeler at gmail.

Cheers.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

that should have been, 'photoshoP'

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

If you don't log onto Facebook very often...I found you there...and left you some ideas

I hope you don't feel stalked

I guess I just didn't want to edit today.

Caroline Gerardo said...

R Mac Wheeler: revisions - me too- like plucking your fingernails. Torture. I find the same errors over and over. I want to find a way to program word to not allow me to type: There are, and, & search for the perfect word choice.
Will go look on Facebook. I don't use Facebook that frequently. THANK YOU