gtag.js

Monday, February 8, 2016

Apple for the Pony

apple pony story
My last novel in progress Soothsayer is in the submission stage.
I'm waiting for answers from Publishers.
Query is not fun. My pitch is simple and straight.
Buy this book.
Put that coffee down C G - coffee is for closers.

Meanwhile I'm working on two short stories and
about 20000 words into the next long form novel.
The next novel, working title Missing is about
life after suicide.
One short is completed - the other just a draft.
By the time I have heard back from publisher
I will have the next book first draft and five short
stories for an anthology.

Images taken on Tejon Ranch. The landscape is
like the Great Drought the location of Soothsayer.
This brown pony found me hiking on the wrong
side of electric fences (also like the novel).
A Golden Pippin apple was in the bottom of my day pack.
I cut it in half thinking we would share then along
trotted another full sized mare. She got the other half.
Rather than hear solo footsteps echo I was joined by the
pals for about three miles until the end of the gate.
They let me give the horse a soft rub down the
ridge of her nose, a stroke and a nose to nose
with the pony.
As I walked on I could hear them call me to
return.
Wish I brought more than one treat for myself.

pony  drought novel
horse drought book caroline gerardo

pony drought book

Drought Book Gerardo

drought landscape ranch














apple extinct
Caroline Gerardo
Copyright 2/8/2016

1 comment:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

good luck with the queries. I haven't submitted since 2007 (been self publishing), but I think I'll be querying my current wip...not a sequel, and something open for a larger audience.

Such a cute pony