gtag.js

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Showtimes for the Novel


     I have kept pace with my goals for Nanowrimo. My word count this morning at 4:55 AM is 25608. There are a number of these writer meetings and mini contests that I can't get my head around, and don't understand how they help in getting the first draft completed. By the time I read the rules of these special mini stunts or drive to the event the learning curve would distract me from my goal - Plan being to get a first draft done this month.

    Meanwhile, life seems to not want to cooperate with my lists and writing targets, melodrama in my personal life stirs up trouble.

     What problem do I describe first?

      EDITOR NOTES XXX I have removed these comments to keep my heart from breaking.

      Needless to say, I have not signed on to Facebook because I feel I must change my status back to single. When I switched it to "in a relationship" I had no idea the information was publicly displayed. Friends commented in happy support. This surprised me, how many around me cared enough to read some little sign of my status. What is that quote, hmm, "There's going to be a hoo-too tonight so stay in your hut."  I was biding time for some show of better fortune or turn of events but this morning I need to move on. I am going to hang my status back to solitary. A strange thing happened in the brief time of being both feet back into an "us" all these men came out of the cracks interested in me. I think there is something about being unavailable that puts a flag up signalling, "come on down."

    Other melodramas in my life- we discovered someone broke in the house and stole Blair's camera and some personal items. The burglary gives me an uneasy feeling, as we speculate who is the creeper.

I have my novel The Lucky Boy up early on Amazon.
The paperback won't be available until November 18th.
If you are reading this please go to the Amazon link and check the tags or write a review in support.
The baby needs new shoes.
 I promise there's not going to be a hanging in an hour, unless you fail me and don't buy my book.



5 comments:

frugalmommieof2 said...

I'm stopping by from the Terrific Thursday hop and I'm following you by GFC. I'd love if you stopped by my blog too.

Lisa
http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

Caroline Gerardo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about your break in. That must feel so aweful.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I invite you to follow and keep up with all the crazy things going on. I also invite you to like My Life.'s face book page and post your book updates for my followers there. I am enjoying your blog and followed. Thanks again. Donna

Caroline Gerardo said...

I removed my post and edited this a little due to a personal what I would call internet mauling.