gtag.js

Friday, August 26, 2011

Solar Flares Poem


selfportrait
Copyright Caroline Gerardo © August 26 2011 photograph and poetry
"Self Portrait Death Mask" (photo title)


Electric Flares
I’m not afraid of sunspots and solar flares.

A warrior soul faces phonies, valkyries, and queries.



You go hide behind polypropylene umbrellas,

eating second, third grace spread on the prairie.



Lawyers say fire the guns, win a gazillion pretties.

It is not that I hesitate to unleash the A bomb,

I lived in Los Alamos as a tot,

the dust is the source of my particulate cancer.


I’m not afraid of solar flares.

Playing solitaire you swallow easy dazzle cake,

a sweet gooey duck hanging in the window.

Open birdcage with moths of psychobabble.

Unleash the pennies of the furies.

I am not afraid.




2 comments:

Melan of Innocent said...

Dear Caroline Gerardo, Thanks for mentioning me on twit. You write heavenly..! But why did not you follow me on twit..! It would be nice to read your twits..! All the best, take care, and if possible follow me.! Hugs..!

Melan of Innocent @melanofinnocent

Caroline Gerardo said...

My twitter theory:
For me twitter is conversation. I am disciplined about my time because I write seven days a week, have an intense day job and care for my children as a single mom. I go on twitter for 12 minutes a day to read a few posts and talk. If an author is chatting with me I will promote their work.You will see me recommend others as about 80% of my tweets. When people follow I will read and explore with them but now that I'm following a bunch of people it gets demanding. I wait and see if newcomers are going to micro blog/ flash fiction/talk with me or not. Thanks for asking