Art, Poetry, books, novels

Friday, August 26, 2011

Solar Flares Poem


selfportrait
Copyright Caroline Gerardo © August 26 2011 photograph and poetry
"Self Portrait Death Mask" (photo title)


Electric Flares
I’m not afraid of sunspots and solar flares.

A warrior soul faces phonies, valkyries, and queries.



You go hide behind polypropylene umbrellas,

eating second, third grace spread on the prairie.



Lawyers say fire the guns, win a gazillion pretties.

It is not that I hesitate to unleash the A bomb,

I lived in Los Alamos as a tot,

the dust is the source of my particulate cancer.


I’m not afraid of solar flares.

Playing solitaire you swallow easy dazzle cake,

a sweet gooey duck hanging in the window.

Open birdcage with moths of psychobabble.

Unleash the pennies of the furies.

I am not afraid.



Post a Comment